LED lighting products are known for being highly energy efficient and environment-friendly. The benefits of using LED lighting in offices however are not limited to that because it has been proven that LED lights create a healthy work environment which helps in increasing employee productivity.
A recent study has shown that LED lighting helps in suppressing melatonin, which leads to better management of the human body. This directly decreases the risk of sleep disorders such as insomnia which automatically increases employee productivity. The light emitted by LED work lamps is really soothing to the eyes and does not cause any irritation in the eyes.
5 Reasons to Use LED Lights in the Office
- Improves Employee Productivity – Proper lighting is crucial for the productivity of employees at the workplace and often influences employees’ moods and performance. Studies have proven that harsh lighting at the workplace decreases everyday productivity. By opting for LED lights that mimic natural light, business owners all over can create the perfect work environment for their employees. This is one of the biggest benefits of using LED lighting in offices.
- Regulates Circadian Rhythm – Circadian rhythms are part of our biological process that influences the physiological process of a human being. Lighting makes a big influence on circadian rhythms and using LED lights in offices and workplaces, can certainly increase employee productivity and health. Modern LED lights are designed with circadian rhyme whereas old incandescent bulbs aren’t which is why their sales have decreased at an alarming rate.
- Energy-Efficient – LED lights are most certainly a boon for corporate offices. LED lights consume about 70% less energy than the traditional ones. In offices or workplaces where lighting is required almost for the whole day, LED lights provide much bigger benefits.Power efficiency is the major reason why offices are making a provision to use LED lighting in their workplace.
- Longer Lifespan – Different lighting options emit heat and can generate higher temperatures because of which they get damaged after working for a maximum of 15,000 hours which is an absolute waste of money. On the other hand, LED lights do not emit any kind of heat and they do not even depend on heating filaments. This is the reason why they work for a maximum of 25,000 to 99,000 and you don’t have to buy a new one for years.
- Eco-Friendly – Traditional light contains mercury inside them which causes harmful effects on the environment and incandescent bulbs are one of the biggest reasons for the depletion of the ozone layer. LEDs emit almost zero to no heat and are considered extremely environmentally friendly and so much more efficient than traditional lighting. LED lights are absolutely safe because they do not emit any heat so it is safe for the environment.
The benefits of using LED lighting in offices are very noteworthy. LED technologies are emerging very frequently which is why the demand for LED lights is increasing at a higher pace. Due to the increased sale of LED lights, now we have different options to choose from such as LED light bars, LED beacon lights, LED panels, etc.